Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Amazing & Amusing Dog Tales!!!

"Laughter is the best Medicine" they say. This one is dedicated to all those lovely pooches and is a collection of some Amazing Dog stories and a few Amazing Stories of dogs!

How it came about was - while talking with a friend I heard a couple of bizarre stories of dogs from her life. It just got me thinking and I saw the doggie club at Petspace assume a new color schema. Presenting some of the finest...:)
[Note: All pics have been taken from the net to protect the identity of our pet guests ;) ]
Read on...!




The Hermit: (This one from the friend)
There was this dog that would on each Friday morning come up to the owner and take a rudraksha garland (rosary) and actually keep twirling it in his mouth giving the illusion of doing prayers!!








The Companion (Again from a friend)
The owner was a compulsive drinker and many a night he would lose his ground and grounding and fall just before he reached his home. His dog would actually come pull him to a 'safe' corner and sit by his side till he woke up from his stupor!


Now for some tales from closer home (Petspace)


The Shrewd:
We were trying to train a German Shepherd. The deal was to shake hands with the person he was meeting and greeting. We rewarded him with his favorite goodies. Within a while he caught on. He would do it accurately...and WHENEVER HE wanted the goody treat, he would shake hands with me and ask for the treat by pointing to where the packet was kept! :)



The Dude!
I mean with due respects, we know that when a doggie decides to sit lazily (which is rare) he just sits tight. So here was this amazing 'dude' who couldn't care less for the worries of the world and the only thing that got him to his feet would be the presence of a female in the yard! Suddenly we would discover the latent athlete in the making! Lol!!






The Leader!

My cute pug, when he is with me, BELIEVES that pugs in general and he in particular RULE the world. He would immediately start bossing over and acting as the quasi supervisor of Petspace! My able assistant, I love the coochy and his leadership!




The Follower!
There are these wonder-struck cuties that arrive at Petspace and who for some reason turn into fanatic followers of mine. The simplest way to get them into their kennels at night is to simply walk around (they would be at my heels), walk into the kennels and then walk out leaving them inside. That cute look saying, "You got me" that they wear whenever I do this is so SWEET I can barely leave!!! :)





The Roller!
Give a lab some mud, dirt and add a little water to the mixture. Boy! Do they love to ROLL in the mud. I have had these nice white and bright puppies turn into unrecognizable brown babies in minutes. If not for their eyes it would practically be impossible for even their owners to identify them. Luckily, these chaps love water and so the bath! The unending sequence: Whiteness - roll in the mud - turn brown - bath & more play in water - Shine white and bright again!!






The Nibblers!
All pups bite when they are teething. We know this. Some dogs, even huge and grown ones, simply believe that they are still cute koochies who are teething eternally! Sometimes it is startling when a big dog takes my hand in his mouth, even though I realize that it is just an affectionate nibble!!


The Rockers!
I'd heard of a Japanese dog that had a preference for music. I have seen my fair share and I totally agree that there is a bunch of Rock music fans out there in the dog world. Give him his bone and some metal to go with and you have a happy, rocking dog!




The Movers!
Yeah! We pay 'em packers and movers to do a similar job. But when your little stuff gets relocated and sometimes to secure, unfound locations it can get really interesting. How often have you had your dog move or take some object and put it among his toys or in some nondescript corner of your house. The vast area in Petspace gives them ample space to play hide and let us seek!! :)


and...



The Shakers!
From tugging at our furniture to rocking us when they greet us with glee, our pets sure do know the way to shake a leg! Of course, the funny part is that they don't seem to care if the leg is yours! I have a dog and a cat who scratch at my door and actually insist that I let them in!


This is just part-I of this series. Maybe next time I'll present specific anecdotes with names of each of these adorable darlings that make our lives so beautiful in such inspiring ways as written above (and more...)
Do feel free to share your own stories and experiences...

No comments:

Post a Comment