Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

"pet parties bring out the party animals in us"

[This article was published in TOI dated 11-01-2013]


Life is a blessing, a wonderful flow of spontaneity unfolding each day when one loves what one does. Well the story of Petspace is one such journey......

I had an IT engineer's job, going through the motions of a fast track life until one day two furry bundles of joy walked into my life; Buster - my dog and Misty - my cat. While it was exciting to dote and be doted upon by two cuties, it was increasingly evident to me that a part of me remained at home even as I went through the gruelling office hours hoping that they were fine by themselves. Vacations of any kind ceased to make sense any longer. I found most pet owners faced similar issues. Meanwhile, the urge to do something of my own had me enrol in an entrepreneur program at IIM-B. The course helped us to get started with our own business and that is when it occurred to me that I could set up a place where pet owners could drop off their pooches during the day as well as when leaving town. That was the inception of Petspace and there has been no looking back ever since.

Like all businesses, setting up Petspace had its own share of challenges. Finding the right space was crucial. I wanted to ensure that the place was big enough to allow the dogs to run free and socialize. I found the place on Sarjapur road set amidst a fruit orchard, just off the main road, close to corporates and apartments. The ambience of Petspace is best described as a nature's getaway spot within city limits. The challenges are outnumbered by the rewards I receive. The most AWESOME reward is the love and attention from the dogs that arrive at Petspace. From the teeny weenies to the giant Great Danes all shower so much love on me each day of their stay at Petspace...it is hard not to feel like a celebrity!

Since the entire concept grew from feeling of the need for good caretakers of my own pets, we at Petspace treat every pet guest as our own. Dogs and their owners have given us their affection and appreciation many times and it’s sweet when they return always. During this journey, I also realized that just as we all like to party and have fun with friends, dogs too find great joy in running along and making new friends. A huge German Shepherd befriending and playing games with a smaller pug is a treat to watch. Pet parties bring out the true “party animals” in us ;). Special cakes and fun games for the dogs and guests makes every pet party a cherished memory. Imagine the pet owners, kids, festive decor and a bunch of wet noses. Need I say more?!

Pet care during your long days at office or when you want to go out of town or when you want your dog to run free and have fun is not just the need of the hour but also an opportunity for you to choose to enhance your cute pooch's life. I am happy to have moved into doing what I love. Hope to catch up with you over FB (www.facebook.com/petspace.in)  or during your visit to Petspace...! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment